Get help with morph.io and scraping

Hundreds of scrapers failing with buildpack error

All weekend pretty much all my scrapers have been failing, with the error:

e/tmp/buildpacks/heroku-buildpack-ruby/lib/language_pack/shell_helpers.rb:49:in `run!’: Command: 'set -o pipefail; curl --fail --retry 3 --retry-delay 1 --connect-timeout 30 --max-time 180 https://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/heroku-buildpack-ruby/bundler-1.7.12.tgz -s -o - | tar zxf - ’ failed unexpectedly: (LanguagePack::Fetcher::FetchError)

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

@tmtmtmtm Thanks for letting us know.

On a scraper I tested I noticed an error about SSL so I decided to stop redirecting traffic to the MITM proxy that logs what domain scrapers connect to. That seems to have fixed things up for the moment.

It’s Sunday night here so I’ll look into this more tomorrow and work on re-enabling the MITM proxy.

This is now being worked on at https://github.com/openaustralia/morph/issues/984