SSL issue while installing python requirements

-----> Python app detected
-----> Installing python-3.5.1
       $ pip install -r requirements.txt
       Collecting requests==2.10.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 8))
       Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/requests/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:645) - skipping
       Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement requests==2.10.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 8)) (from versions: )
       No matching distribution found for requests==2.10.0 (from -r requirements.txt (line 8))

A few of my scrapers are suddenly failing with this error. Is there anything I can do to fix them?

Hi @danozgriff and @masterofpun,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem. I’m investigating what it might be. It’s probably related to some changes we’ve made recently. As soon as I know more I’ll get back to you.

All the best,
Matthew

@danozgriff, @masterofpun - it’s now all fixed. The fix, in case you’re interested, is here.

pip wasn’t using the updated CA certificates installed on the docker image and it needed a bit of a poke to send it in the right direction.

Thanks again for reporting the problem and thanks for your patience while I fixed it!

All the best,
Matthew

2 Likes

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for letting us know what caused the issue, and appreciate the quick fix!

Cheers
Dane

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt resolution :slight_smile:

1 Like